Development Operations and Donor Services Manager
The Women’s Refugee Commission (WRC) works to improve the lives and defend the rights of refugee and internally displaced women, children, and young people. As a research and advocacy organization, WRC is dedicated to securing systemic changes in policy and practice that ensure uprooted women, children, and young people can fully exercise their rights to protection, services, and self-sufficiency.
Scope of Work:
Under the supervision of the Senior Director, Individual Engagement and Marketing, and working closely with the Senior Officer, Individual Giving, this role will provide essential and versatile support by managing a range of development operations and administration and donor communications and services functions.
Database System Administration and Data Analytics (40%)
- Serve as the administrator for a Raiser’s Edge donor database of 10-100,000 contacts managing all aspects of CRM systems procedures, functionality, security, and maintenance. Lead the department’s forward-looking CRM system improvements, as well as identifying and championing various tech solutions and integrations that support fundraising goals and data-driven strategies.
- Create dashboards and improve segmentation of data; set standards for CRM organization. Manage the pulling and analysis of queries, mailing list exports and imports, data hygiene, and updating records and coding.
- Manage monthly and annual revenue projections with Development and Finance colleagues. Create and tailor financial attribution and file trends reports, as well as prospect and pipeline research or wealth screening to inform strategic fundraising and marketing.
Gift Processing and Financial Reconciliation (30%)
- Working with the finance team, receive mail on in-office days and process all gifts received, including scanning checks and confirming accuracy of transfers and disbursement reports. Oversee donation gateways and incoming gifts processing, handling requests from Finance when revenue deposits need to be accounted for and back-up needs to be provided.
- Enter all gifts in the database, ensuring accuracy of information and updating donor records and notes as necessary. Provide weekly reports on gifts received and actively work with all fundraising staff to ensure that gifts are acknowledged on time and properly recorded in the database.
- Maintain tracking and reporting of campaign and event revenue and lead monthly and annual financial reconciliation processes. Support financial administration and logistics of planned donor cultivation events, including vendor management, payment processing, and budget tracking.
Donor Communications and Services (30%)
- Manage donor correspondence, including receipting, acknowledgements, and tributes— collaborating with fundraisers and the executive office to document acknowledgement for large gifts. Cultivate positive relations between donors and prospects by addressing donor inquiries, responding to special donor requests and requests for additional information.
- Maintain content and data for direct mail and digital marketing and campaign and project-specific solicitation materials and activations. Manage fundraising pages and forms, as well as presentation and donor experience across digital and publications.
- Support the financial administration and operations of donor cultivation events, including vendor management, payment processing, and budget tracking. Support project coordination and implementation of monthly giving, annual fund campaign communications, and activation plans with cross-functional colleague project teams and external consultants and vendors.
What we are looking for:
- 3-5 years demonstrated experience in nonprofit development operations, donor services, database administration, and analytics.
- Strong proficiency in Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge and NXT and/or similar CRM or relevant database management.
- Basic financial accounting skills and strong attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel).
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong people and customer service skills and the ability to calmly and cordially resolve donor questions and issues.
- Strong knowledge of gift processing procedures, established record of database management, fundraising processes, and donor relations and rights.
- A willingness and ability to quickly learn and become an expert in marketing and financial software integrations and functionality, such as Salesforce or MailChimp.
- Knowledge of (or willingness to learn) applicable IRS regulations, Generally Accepted Account Principles (GAAP), and fundraising data compliance procedures.
- Demonstrates creativity, intellectual curiosity, and innovation.
- Demonstrates self-direction, good judgment, and the ability to make informed decisions.
- Ability to collaborate with peers and take direction from leadership to accomplish tasks.
Reports to: Senior Director, Individual Engagement and Marketing
Type: Regular, full-time (Hybrid)
Salary: Salary Band 7: $50,078 - $75,726* (commensurate with experience)
Location: New York, NY
Posting Date: August 11, 2023
Closing Date: Until filled
* The salary as depicted above represents the low and top
The Women’s Refugee Commission (WRC) is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, gender identify, sexual orientation, age, religion, marital status, veteran status or disability and qualified applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. The Women’s Refugee Commission is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.